The global pandemic known as the coronavirus (COVID-19) has inspired a global response. This page will be continuously updated with virtual events, funding opportunities, and collaborative civic tech projects that will try to help the world respond and recover.
We’re also working to help connect people working on immediate coronavirus responses with resources to assist and help make them more effective. You can help others or ask your own query of the community here.
How are people engaging the public and private sectors to help contribute to a collective response to the pandemic? How are people helping to contribute informal, mutual aid, to address common needs like social connection and remote work? How is the trend towards digital civic engagement accelerating because of social distancing requirements? We’ll track global responses to these needs here.
- Coronavirus, Coronavirus Engagement Projects, Supporting specific public sector efforts from outside government
This extension filters through and hides all of the locations on the OK vaccine portal which currently don't have appointments.
A resource hub for responding to coronavirus, compiled from a massive organizers' call
- Civic tech forums, listservs, and Slacks, Coronavirus, Coronavirus Organizing Projects, Listservs, Meet the others, Socialize online, The People
Our goal is to bring our diverse networks into more effective coordination, for the duration of this crisis and beyond.
Facebook giving the WHO as many free ads as they need for their coronavirus response along with other in-kind support.
We have created and collected guidance to support accurate and responsible reporting on coronavirus, which will be regularly updated with new information.
- Coronavirus, Digital fabrication, Emerging Tech Projects, Emtech, Hardware, High-tech civic tech, High-tech Coronavirus Interventions, The Tech
People with access to lasercutters and 3D printers are designing and fabricating face masks for front-line healthcare workers
- Coronavirus, Digital fabrication, Emerging Tech Projects, Hardware, High-tech civic tech, High-tech Coronavirus Interventions
This group is being formed to evaluate, design, validate, and source the fabrication of open source emergency medical supplies around the world, given a variety of local supply conditions.
- Resistance Labs is offering $10,000 in-kind grants to make use of its SMS platform for community COVID relief organizing (rolling basis)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Wellcome, and Mastercard Launch Initiative to Speed Development and Access to Therapies for COVID-19
- Mobilizing a private sector response to COVID-19
- $1 million+ in Emergent Ventures Prizes for coronavirus work
- Best investigative journalism on coronavirus — 50k
- Best blog or social media tracking/analysis of the virus — 100k
- Best (justified) coronavirus policy writing — 50k
- Best effort to find a good treatment rapidly — 500k, second prize 200k
- Best innovation in social distancing — 100k
- Most important innovation or improvement for India — 100k
- Sam Altman: Funding for COVID-19 Projects
- Gates Foundation: Announcing the COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator
- UK Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) regarding the Availability of Emergency Competitive Revisions for Research and also
- Forcit Non-Profit Venturing Program: call for the program is extended for an unlimited time and fully open for non-profits and initiatives that need guidance, experts to build impactful solutions that can help in this crisis.
- The EU: Applications welcome from startups and SMEs with innovative solutions to tackle Coronavirus outbreak
- An existing funding source, the $1M Roddenberry Prize, would like to “strongly encourage applications that address the range of societal, health, and economic repercussions of the pandemic.”
Most civic tech conferences are moving online and are free of charge. Why not join in?
Parti's DemocracyCamp (South Korea) @parti_coop
October 27, 2021
Open Data Institute Summit @ODIHQ
November 2, 2021
@NCoC Conference on Citizenship - "Accelerate Democracy"
November 11, 2021 9:00 pm - November 12, 2021 10:00 pm
Point 9.0 @pointconference (Southeast Europe)
November 11, 2021 - November 12, 2021
IO Foundation November TechUp #TheIOFoundation
November 20, 2021 1:00 am - November 22, 2021 1:00 am
EU Datathon 2021 @EU_opendata
November 23, 2021 - November 25, 2021